Ommegang Hosts Game of Thrones Beer Pairing Dinner at Eau Palm Beach April 7
Photo by Doug Fairall
Game of Thrones fans will not want to miss this. To celebrate the release of the latest in the series of official Game of Thrones licensed beers from Brewery Ommegang, Eau Palm Beach will be hosting a beer paired fine dining experience on Tuesday, April 7. The latest beer, the dark saison Three-Eyed Raven, will be highlighted.
Starting at 7:30 p.m. and lasting until at least 10 p.m., Ommegang representative John Oteri will be guiding diners through the five courses, each paired expertly with a beer from the Ommegang and Duvel portfolio.
Pastry Chef Robert Bellini and Chef de Cuisine Armando Galeas talked with us about this upcoming food and beer event.
"We had previously done dinners like this with wine, but beer has different flavors and requires a balanced approach," Galeas said.
The duo explained how one of their last dinners featured a 50/50 mix of wine and beer pairings. After the proceedings, an informal poll was taken, and the beer dishes won out in popularity. That, in part, spurred this newer approach to implementing a more in depth beer menu at this five star resort.
The chefs have come up with an incredible six-course menu that will whet anyone's appetite:
- Charred Octopus Confit with Smoked Marble Potatoes, Quail Egg, Green Romesco Sauce. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Hennepin Farmhouse Saison
- Crispy Pork Belly with Smoked Red Lentil Puree, Soaked Apricots, Sherry Glaze. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Valar Morghulis Dubbel
- Duck Confit with Caramelized Honey Vinaigrette Glaze. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Tripel Perfection Belgian-Style Tripel
- Porcini Crusted Short Rib with Anson Mills Grits, Mushroom Conserva, Salsa Verde. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Three-Eyed Raven Dark Saison
- Toasted Marshmallow & Chocolate Panetone. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Three Philosophers Quadrupel Ale
- Gingerbread Kettle Corn Ice Cream Sandwiches. Ommegang Beer Pairing: Gnomegang Blonde Ale
"I'm hoping people will be pleasantly surprised by the dessert and beer pairings," Bellini said, remarking on the unique use of a blonde ale to complement the gingerbread kettle corn ice cream. Oteri agreed. "Usually a chef will pick Three Philiosphers for dessert, but this was different."
The cost is $150 per person and reservations can be made by calling 561-540-4924.
Doug Fairall is a craft beer blogger who focuses on Florida beers, and has been a homebrewer since 2010. For beer things in your Twitter feed, follow him @DougFairall and find the latest beer pics on Clean Plate's Instagram.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.