Restaurant News: Tony Bova's New Ristorante, Michael Bennett of Bimini Boatyard, Museum of Art
• Only weeks after closing his Bova Ristorante when partner and Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein crashed and burned, Tony Bova is back in the dining game with Vivo Partenza (1450 N. Federal Highway; 561-750-2120) in the same Boca Raton space. The menu is a mix of traditional and more contemporary Italian dishes, prepared by former Atlantic City chef Carmine Favuzzi.
• Bimini Boatyard chef Michael Bennett will demonstrate recipes from his latest cookbook, In the Land of Misfits, Pirates and Cooks, at Williams-Sonoma in Fort Lauderdale's Galleria Mall on Saturday, June 26. Beginning at noon, he'll show off his red curry and guava-glazed "Caribb-ican" salmon; a tower of avocado, cilantro, citrus, pink peppercorns, and yogurt cheese; and mango-studded natural grain rice.
• Starting next week, the Museum of Art|Fort Lauderdale will put art on the plate as well as on its walls. On Thursday, June 24, the museum will kick off its monthly "Art of Wine and Food" series, with wine expert Stephanie Miskew pairing three or four wines with seasonal dishes prepared by chef John Paul Kline of John Paul Kline Custom Catering in Delray Beach. Each session costs $30 and runs from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Call 954-262-0249, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- #FloridaBeerFriday: Circa 1926 Tangerine Wheat From Darwin Brewing
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Black Friday Beers, Cocktails for...
- South Florida Grocery and Liquor Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day