Restaurant News: Tony Bova's New Ristorante, Michael Bennett of Bimini Boatyard, Museum of Art
• Only weeks after closing his Bova Ristorante when partner and Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein crashed and burned, Tony Bova is back in the dining game with Vivo Partenza (1450 N. Federal Highway; 561-750-2120) in the same Boca Raton space. The menu is a mix of traditional and more contemporary Italian dishes, prepared by former Atlantic City chef Carmine Favuzzi.
• Bimini Boatyard chef Michael Bennett will demonstrate recipes from his latest cookbook, In the Land of Misfits, Pirates and Cooks, at Williams-Sonoma in Fort Lauderdale's Galleria Mall on Saturday, June 26. Beginning at noon, he'll show off his red curry and guava-glazed "Caribb-ican" salmon; a tower of avocado, cilantro, citrus, pink peppercorns, and yogurt cheese; and mango-studded natural grain rice.
• Starting next week, the Museum of Art|Fort Lauderdale will put art on the plate as well as on its walls. On Thursday, June 24, the museum will kick off its monthly "Art of Wine and Food" series, with wine expert Stephanie Miskew pairing three or four wines with seasonal dishes prepared by chef John Paul Kline of John Paul Kline Custom Catering in Delray Beach. Each session costs $30 and runs from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Call 954-262-0249, or email email@example.com for reservations.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito