Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Pairing Dinner at Malcolm's at the Omphoy
Over the past 40 years or so, California wines have really made their mark in the world of fine wine. One California winery in particular really put the state on the map: Stag's Leap.
Stag's Leap Wine Cellars received international critical acclaim in 1976 -- just four years after it was established -- when its 1973 vintage won first place among leading French and California wines, including Grand Cru Bordeauxs, in a blind taste test conducted by leading French wine experts at the Judgement of Paris. Suck it, Francophiles!
Well, the winery that really put California on the map will be featured in a wine-pairing dinner at Malcolm's at the Omphoy on Thursday, February 28.
The dinner, which starts at 7 p.m., will feature four courses carefully paired to the wines of Stag's Leap Wine Cellars and prepared by Malcolm's executive chef, Michael Wurster. Wurster's pedigree include stints at Le Cirque, the French Laundry, and Alain Ducasse NY. With a roster like that, you would probably want to bet you could get your money's worth for the $110 price tag.
The featured menu includes:
- Nantucket Bay Scallops Tomato Confit, Ginger, Garlic, Basil, Quail Egg, Parmesan, Spinach Pesto
- Stags Leap Wine Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley, CA 2009
- Scottish Salmon Salsify, Watercress, Coriander, Marcona Almond, Crushed Peas
- Stags Leap Wine Cellars, Karia Chardonnay, Napa Valley, CA 2010
- 48 Hour Beef Short Rib Celery Root Puree, Red Wine Braised Onions, Cauliflower Cous Cous
- Stags Leap Wine Cellars, Artemis, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, CA 2010
- Red Wine Chocolate Ambrosia Truffles
- Stags Leap Wine Cellars, Fay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, CA 2009
Stag's Leap representative Deanna Caniff will be on hand to discuss each wine and the flavor profiles of the pairings.
For reservations, call 561-540-6444, or visit malcolmsrestaurant.com.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Night + Day: Seven Things to Do in South Florida This Week
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Amazon Is Planning Drive-Through Grocery Concept; Could It Dethrone Publix in Florida?
- Midwestern Home Cooking at Knucklehead Burgers