Fresh off a heavy breakup and currently binging Bridget Jones’ Diary? Yet to find that someone who turns your stomach into heart-shaped Jell-O? Well, you don't need a hand to hold to be happy this February 14!
10. Jason Derulo, “Ridin’ Solo” “Finally doin’ me, and it feels so right.” You’ve got a decent job and a nice apartment, and you can actually afford to buy food that isn’t ramen or from Burger King. You’re doing great!
9. Kool and the Gang, “Ladies' Night” A classic disco jam that never goes out of style. Appreciate this time with your fellow females, and boogie as hard as these guys do.
8. Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa, “Young, Wild & Free (feat. Bruno Mars)” So what, you get drunk? So what, you smoke weed? You aren’t afraid to embrace your youth and tell the old geezers to suck it.
7. Kid Cudi feat. MGMT and Ratatat, “Pursuit of Happiness (Nightmare) - Steve Aoki Remix” Sure, the original slow jam is great, but Steve Aoki’s version gets your heart pumping and loving life as a single. Maybe everything that shines ain’t always gonna be gold, but at least you’ve got your posse to lift you up.
6. Justin Timberlake, “Cry Me a River” Your ex cheated on you with that girl you saw him giving the eye to? Put down your pint of Ben & Jerry’s and sway to this song instead. He will eventually cry and beg for you all he wants — but you've got JT.
KEEP NEW TIMES BROWARD-PALM BEACH FREE...
Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we'd like to keep it that way. With local media under siege, it's more important than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" program, allowing us to keep offering readers access to our incisive coverage of local news, food and culture with no paywalls.