Dracula's favorite eatery serves up all sorts of spooktacular cuisine in downtown Hollywood.
Today, Restaurant Transylvania's owner, John Baleanu, shares a recipe for Dracula's Tochitura -- a pork stew. Tochitura is a traditional Romanian dish -- each region of the country has its own version. Surely Dracula's favorite would be the one with a nod to his ol' stomping ground, Transylvania.
Dracula's Tochitura Recipe:
Serves 4 to 6 people
2 lbs boneless pork butt
1/2 lb smoked sausages
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
6 cloves of garlic, minced
5 tbsp of vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
- Dice the pork butt and smoked sausage into 1 inch pieces
- Dice smoked sausage into 1/2 inc pieces
- Add vegetable oil and 1/2 cup of water into a large skillet
- Heat over medium temperature until oil is hot
- Add the pork, allowing meat to cook for approximately 1 hour
- Add all the vegetables and continue to cook, stirring occasionally
- Season with salt and black pepper
Baleanu suggests serving Dracula's Tochitura with polenta topped with a sunny-side up egg.