February 14 is the most romantic day of the year. Whether you're celebrating with a partner, friends, or flying solo, a great way to show your love and affection is by treating yourself and your loved ones to a special meal. To help you make this year's celebration your most memorable yet, South Florida chefs are cooking up crafted menus with specials dishes that make for the perfect candlelit dinner.
Here are some of South Florida's most enticing Valentine's Day offerings. Advance reservations are strongly suggested.
1. Cafe Boulud. For a lovely Valentine's Day experience with your other half, reserve a table at chef Daniel Boulud's restaurant in Palm Beach, where a blend of French cooking and local hospitality come together to create a lovely meal. Begin with canapes and appetizers like the peekytoe crab salad with pomegranate, or duck and foie gras ballotine with pistachio. Then, enjoy a choice of spice subbed Barramundi with Swiss chard, Meyer lemon
2. Diplomat Prime. Gaze at the sea together from an intimate table at this luxury oceanside steakhouse with chef Rashaad Abdool's elaborate five-course menu of sweet and savory offerings. Highlights include the foie gras french toast, wagyu filet, lobster surf and turf, a half-roasted free range chicken, and
3. Dune. For a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity, head to this new Fort Lauderdale restaurant, where you and
4. Etaru. Stylish decor and an extensive, contemporary Japanese menu make this restaurant a great Valentine’s Day choice. The flavor profiles might remind you a bit of your
5. Galley. Set inside the Hilton West Palm Beach, Galley is offering a special Valentine's Day menu that includes soup or salad, juicy bone-in ribeye steak topped with grilled langoustine, and two sides. Galley's oven-baked
6. Kuro. Treat your favorite person to a visit to this award-winning Japanese restaurant inside the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, where you'll enjoy a menu of dishes that are meant to be shared. In addition to its a la carte menu and omakase experience, Kuro will offer a variety of exclusive dishes throughout Valentine’s Day weekend, including the
7. Lona Cocina Tequileria. Valentine's Day offers chef Pablo Salas the perfect opportunity to show off his unique take on Mexico’s soulful cuisine. The special menu features oysters, Osetra caviar, diver scallops, spinalis steak, and cremeux
8. Mai-Kai. The atmosphere of the South Pacific is captured in this Fort Lauderdale eatery, with a dining room, tropical gardens, waterfalls, tiki torches, and a Polynesian dance show. A special three-course dinner for two will be served on Valentine's Day with starter choices including the Mai-Kai house salad or coconut lobster bisque, a surf and turf main course with a 20 oz. prime filet mignon and two 8 oz. lobster tails, and a dessert option of banana Bengali or a cherry Hawaiian. 3599 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-563-3272; maikai.com. Dinner costs $123 per couple and the dance show at $15.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to New Times Broward-Palm Beach's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling South Florida's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
9. Pistache French Bistro. With its Art Nouveau brasserie style — red leather banquettes, antique mirrors, a Riviera-like-outdoor setting, and more — this West Palm Beach restaurant is a perfect Valentine’s Day destination. Chef Isaac Cerny's prix-fixe menu will help you charm your date with classic favorites like heirloom tomato and burrata salad, burgundy escargots, and crispy Spanish octopus. Entree selections include a choice of signature beef bourguignon, steak
10. 3030 Ocean. For a passionate combination of flavors, head to this oceanfront steakhouse with your boo and enjoy a special four-course dinner. Share chilled oysters, Homestead strawberry gazpacho with pickled pink shrimp, and handmade smoked sausage. Follow that with ahi tuna carpaccio with melon, Florida citrus with baby greens, and handmade pasta with littleneck clam broth. Entree choices include sautéed red snapper, roasted beef tenderloin, or grilled lamb chops with crispy potato, red cabbage