Starbucks is taking the whole birthday thing to a new level.
The coffee chain recently marked a milestone 20th anniversary of its Frappuccino, the addictive coffee/slushy hybrid that's become a part of our lives and vocabulary.
Two months ago, the Seattle-based company announced a special limited-edition birthday cake flavor of Frappuccino for the occasion. Then, Starbucks came out with an edible straw to go with a new S'mores Frappuccino. And now, the company has doubled down on the whole birthday chow chow with a half dozen new flavors of Frappuccino.
The flavors are all fan favorites, embraced by loyal customers who fashion their own flavors from mixing various pre-existing syrups and toppings to create their own, unique profiles. According to the website starbuckssecretmenu.net, there are over 200 off-menu variations of Frappuccino including Count Chocula, apple pie, and Butterbeer (Starbucks claims there are literally thousands of possible combinations).
The six #FanFlavors to get the Starbucks seal of approval are:
- Caramel Cocoa Cluster, a coffee Frappuccino with toffee nut syrup, milk, and ice, topped with dark caramel sauce, whipped cream, and mocha sauce; Cupcake, a blend of vanilla bean, hazelnut syrup, milk, and ice, topped with whipped cream.
- Cotton Candy, a blend of vanilla bean, raspberry syrup, milk, and ice, topped with whipped cream.
- Cinnamon Roll; a a coffee Frappuccino with cinnamon dolce syrup, white chocolate mocha sauce, vanilla bean, milk, and ice, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
- Red Velvet Cake with mocha sauce, raspberry syrup, vanilla syrup.
- Cupcake, vanilla bean crème, add hazelnut syrup, blend together and finish with whipped cream.
- Lemon Bar, a blend of lemonade, vanilla syrup, milk, ice, finished with whipped ream and caramel sugar sprinkles.
The winning flavor will be announced on July 3 through social media @frappuccino. Customers can then purchase a grande Frappuccino in the winning flavor for $3 between 2 to 5 p.m. from July 3 through 6. So which is it? Are you #TeamCottonCandy or #TeamCupcake?
Follow Laine Doss on Twitter, Instragram, and Facebook.