Latest South Florida News
Stan Hughes, a tall, thin, straight-faced man with a gray ponytail, shuffles through dozens of boxes lining the shelves...
On October 1, 2013, more than 60 men in jumpsuits crowded into the austere cafeteria at the Krome Service Processing...
This piece originally ran in New Times sister paper LA Weekly. Search local showings of Straight Outta Compton. Back in...
There were raised voices and broken glass and the high-voltage emotions that pinball between a wild teen and her worried...
It's Friday night in downtown Miami, and a dozen people chat and glance over menus inside a dark Peruvian restaurant...
Popular South Florida News
In Case You Missed It
- A Week After New Times Investigation, City Moves to Close Fort Lauderdale Group Home
- Fort Lauderdale Confederate Flag Backer: “We’re Not the KKK”
Meet the Knights of the Florida Renaissance Festival
by Ryan Pfeffer
Video Shows Fort Lauderdale Cop Slapping Homeless Man Who Wanted to Use Restroom: "You're Not Going to Pee!"
by Ray Downs
- Are Broward Judges Illegally Trying to Fill Empty Jails?
- Activists: Rename Hollywood Streets to Honor Abolitionists, Not Confederates
- The Megaphone: Shipping Container Will Serve as Art Hub for Sistrunk
- Ndamukong Suh Buys $6.5 Million Fort Lauderdale Home on Intracoastal
- Riverland Road in Fort Lauderdale: Residents Oppose New Houses
- Lilly Baumann Kidnapping: Father Reunites with 3-Year-Old
- Hurricane Danny to Become Tropical Depression; More Disturbances Coming
- Palm Beach Cab Industry Angry Over Uber Drivers Not Having to Adhere to Fingerprint Background Checks
- Did Ben Carson Say He's Open to Using Drone Strikes on American Soil to Protect the Border?
- Florida Man Tried to Sell Arsenal of Stolen Weapons to Pompano Beach Gun & Knife Show Attendees
- Palm Beach Loosens Regulations on Uber; Will Iron Out Details Next Month
More South Florida News
Recreational Marijuana on 2016 Florida Ballot? Petition Needs 683,000...Regulate Florida, a political committee that wants to amend the Florida constitution to legalize and regulate adult...
Ryan Tannehill Called "Overrated" and "Overpaid" by Seahawks' Michael...Last month, the big brains at Harvard predicted that this season's Superbowl would be a matchup between the Seattle...4 days ago by Chris Joseph
The Megaphone: Shipping Container Will Serve as Art Hub for SistrunkOver the last few years, Sherryl Muriente noticed that almost every region of downtown Fort Lauderdale began to...4 days ago by Jess Swanson
Tropical Storm Erika Could Become Hurricane, Hit Florida Monday (UPDATED)It's time to release the hurricane tracking sharks because we're officially in the dreaded "cone of uncertainty"...4 days ago by Chris Joseph
Ndamukong Suh Buys $6.5 Million Fort Lauderdale Home on IntracoastalHey there, Fort Lauderdale. Say hello to your newest, giant neighbor. This offseason, the Miami Dolphins made...5 days ago by Chris Joseph
Tropical Storm Erika Could Become Hurricane, Is Headed in Our General...So, Hurricane Danny was a thing last week that ended up being nothing (for us in South Florida, anyway). But another...5 days ago by Chris Joseph