It was a huge week on the blog. Check out what you missed below:
- Chef Patty Canedo gave us another look into the life of a busy chef in her weekly column, Half Baked.
- Our list of 100 Favorite Dishes continued this week with Fort Lauderdale favorite Zona Fresca, Galanga sushi's lobster bomb, and fried chicken from Boca Raton institution, Fran's Chicken Haven.
- Its still cold in South Florida, and here are five soups to keep you warm.
- The peasant-style French food at Le Patio is great with a glass of wine and a seat in the Wilton Manors restaurant's cozy backyard.
- Oh the drama! Chef Mark Militello is gone from The Office in Delray Beach. It doesn't sound like the relationship was bound to last long.
- With the South Beach Wine and Food Festival going strong this week, we brought you a colorful history of the fest complete with all the sordid details.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- After experiencing some awful service lately, Charlie wonders if ageist hiring practices could be to blame for South Florida's widespread service problems.
- Lots of new openings this week: Cabo Flats takes over Rosa Mexicano's old spot in The Gardens, Gratify fills Spoto's hole in West Palm, and Burger Bros. start slinging beef in Palm Beach. And a special welcome to our new blogger, long-time SoFla food writer, Jan Norris!
- Gaming giving you an appetite? Check out these foodie-themed games on Xbox Live.
- Old Brown Dog Ale is our Beer of the Week. Also check out our new Beer of the Week archives.
- Rocco's Tacos in Boca clearly doesn't know how to make a decent taco.
- Food-centric website Yelp is in a heap of trouble over shady advertising practices.
- The Meatist gives us his guide to a great steak burrito.
- New Salvadoran restaurant El Guanaco makes some killer, authentic tortillas.
- With Ralph Pagano gone from Customs House, the Boca eatery changes its name and concept to Chris Michael's Restaurant and Lounge.