One of the most fascinating people to watch this year is Amanda Bynes. Her total mental breakdown isn't funny, it confounds. Your brain takes some time to catch up with your eyes when looking at the selfies she posts online, all totally wasted and crooked-faced. "Could that really be the spunky, sweet-faced rebel in What a Girl Wants?" your eyes ask. Then your brain tries to piece together the similarities in features between the Amanda Bynes in your head and the one on the screen.
Not only are her photos mystifying, but so is her behavior. This past weekend, she randomly tweeted about how "fugly" Rihanna is, calling her a "dog" and claiming it was her crappy looks that made Chris Brown beat her. This seriously did happen.
But unlike Lindsay Lohan -- who also looks like one of the Housewives of Insanity -- Bynes seems fascinatingly entrenched in documenting her demise with pride on Twitter. We'd admire her candid "fuck you" to the world, but it's just too tragic. What follows are a few of Amanda Bynes' absolutely craziest photos on the web on which you can muse.
10. In many of her Twitter pics, Amanda is covering one eye or blinking. It seems a sort of anime reference from other photos. But does she just have a wonky eye? This photo is by far the most mind-blowing of the bunch. She's actually trying to look like her idol, stripper Blac Chyna, and failing.
How could anyone look at this and not think, "wow, I look like the queen of crackheads," delete!? The irreversible path of destruction didn't begin with this photo, it continues with it.
9. Though this shares some of the WTF with the first shot, it's got at least some direction. Like the blue lips are dumb, but she does look clear-eyed. Then the duckface lip-measuring, not sure why that's happening there. Finally, there's the weird diarrhea face with an eye that looks almost glued shut.
And all of this in a totally unglamorous red tee. She's gotta have some Nickelodeon money left to buy a shimmery tank or something. Now on to other things she should splurge on...
8. This isn't exactly a photo, but just take a screen shot of any second of this "girls gone crazy in court" clip, and enjoy. She actually tweeted this that day: "I need Nicki Minaj's wig person stat! :P"
No, mama, you need so much more than Nicki's wig person. You need the loving bosom of a good friend. And speaking of loving bosoms.
7. At least her boobs look good in pictures.
6. God forgive us for having a favorite, but this one is it. You have the lovely Ms. Bynes multiplied in her insanity, wearing the least flattering white sweatsuit of all time, a single eye glued shut, and there's Al Gore laughing maniacally in the ether. This is why the Lord made the internet.
5. Perhaps this picture is intended to show her tatas are real. Also, she ain't scared to rip up a pair of perfectly good fishnets! See, she's still got that rebellious spirit!
4. We call this: Crazy Girl with iPhone and 1.5 eyebrows. Skrillex appreciates your support.
3. "We all have the same 24 hours in the day
2. Here, we give you more boobs.
1. In this "almost normal" shot, we're just starting to wonder if maybe, just maybe, Amanda Bynes is an incredibly talented performance artist and this is her CalArts thesis photo project.
Keep New Times Broward-Palm Beach Free... Since we started New Times Broward-Palm Beach, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of South Florida, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering South Florida with no paywalls.