UPDATE: This event roundup is from 2014. Check out: Fourth of July 2016's Fireworks, Parades, Picnics, and Parties in Broward and Palm Beach
From fireworks to cookouts and pure patriotism, the Fourth of July is one of those holidays that offers something for everyone to enjoy. This year, Palm Beach County is hosting a variety of festivities for the holiday — both old traditions and new celebrations. Whether you are looking for a pool party, a barbecue, or a concert to attend, Palm Beach County has it all.
Here are ten celebrations taking place this Independence Day.
- West Palm Beach: The 4th on Flagler celebration will be from 5 to 10 p.m. at the West Palm Beach waterfront. Enjoy performances from the Lost Trailers and Ryan Star, look out onto the view from the lawn, and try out the mini-golf course. There will be food and drink vendors, but if you want a more luxurious experience, you can purchase a VIP ticket to Club 4th, the 21-and-over pavilion party that will be air-conditioned and features food and a full bar. A 16-minute fireworks show will illuminate the Intracoastal Waterway and be synced to music. Visit wpb.org.
- Delray Beach: The July 4th Celebration on Atlantic Avenue starts at 4 p.m. with family activities including minigolf, a splash zone with water slides, a photo booth, and a sandcastle contest on the beach. Burger Fi, Caffe Luna Rosa and Boston's on the Beach will provide refreshments. The fireworks show launching from the north end of the beach begins at 9 p.m. and will be simulcast by Wild 95.5.Visit julyfourthdelraybeach.com.
- Boynton Beach: Due South Brewing Co. will kick off the Fourth of July festivities with beer, beer, and more beer. From 3 to 6 p.m., beer specials will be available, including growlers/crowlers to take with you. Special beer tapping begins at 6 p.m. Raffles will be held for special beer giveaways and from 3:30 to 10. Woody's Burgers food truck will be at the brewery to accompany your beer with a good piece of meat.
- West Palm Beach: Pistache French Bistro will be offering its regular menu along with a themed Fourth of July barbecue. Sit back, relax, enjoy your meal, and watch the fireworks — which begin at 9 p.m. — from the patio or on the street.
- Delray Beach: From 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Dada Restaurant and Lounge will be open to celebrate Independence Day. In addition to its regular menu, it will offer a Fourth of July cookout with a variety of dishes, including homemade coleslaw, ribs, and chicken. The barbecue costs $20 per person, and 100 percent of those proceeds go to Healthy Bellies, a charity organization that helps feed families in the area. Delray fireworks begin at 9 p.m.