Doggy Bag: This Week in Charlie
This week on the blog:
- Danish meatballs with a rock 'n' roll heritage in this week's the Meatist.
- Two longtime SoFla restaurants, Las Olas Cafe and L'Anjou, close shop.
- Our 100 Favorite Dishes continue with an unconventional upside-down pizza, surf-and-turf sushi rolls, and yakitori Tokyo-style.
- We look back at the third-annual Blues, Brews, and BBQ at the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek.
- Our Dish review this week is on navigating West Broward's Caribbean roti shops. Hot stuff!
- Looking to cook some great 'za at home? Try our guide to easy, homemade pies.
- Delving into the den of iniquity at Steve Martorano's new Italian-American Cafe at the Hard Rock.
- Who will win Battle Bacon Mac? The Office or Johnnie Brown's in Delray Beach.
- Looking for a fuller-bodied Jamaican brew? Try Dragon Stout, a dark Island beer that can quench the heat.
- Slow Food and Whole Foods team up for foodie flicks at Cinema Paradiso.
- Stir-fried shredded marlin floss doesn't sound even remotely appetizing. But we eat it anyway.
- Here are the top five foodies you need to follow on Twitter.
- Broward's only independent brewpub, Big Bear Brewing Co., lets us in on its beer-making process.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival Expands Into Broward With Three New Events
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- New West Palm Beach Food Tours Launches in Palm Beach County
- South Florida's Prescribed Spirits Gin Debuts at Craft Spirits Festival October 8